December 21, 2016

Why I Stopped doing Makeup Tutorials

I still wear makeup daily but I found for the most part that if something works for you.. don't fix it. I just like having a pretty everyday natural makeup look which I can wear daily and with some minor adjustments I can come up with enough looks to get by for any event. In the past, I wasted so much money on beauty products that all these "beauty guru's" from YouTube were using, or products celebs liked, and honestly I wasted so much money on these things. For every high-end product, it seems there's a cheaper dupe for it, and a lot of products I found I just didn't use much or really even like that much.
There are so many people doing makeup looks on YouTube these days that I really wouldn't even bother starting a makeup channel these days if I was looking to try to make a living off it. That being said it is why I feel if you an unusual hobby in your life then that's probably what will attract people most to what you have to share. Do something that other people aren't really doing, or something where you're finding a lot of misinformation. Granted if everyone thought like me then there would be a lack of "beauty guru's" and such. So by all means, do what you want to do.

I will occasionally share my daily looks but you'll probably find me using a lot of the same products. I also try to buy makeup shades that work specifically for myself. So many times a lipstick trend or something will arise and honestly vibrant red-orange lips and dark lip colors I really just can't see myself walking out of the house wearing that on my face... I personally feel ridiculous because I feel certain shades are super unflattering on myself. I would much rather find a wearable alternative to trends like that because I know I'll get the most use out of a product I'm most comfortable wearing. Also by finding these types of alternatives I feel you can create your own unique look, and by doing that I feel you can be more of a trendsetter rather than a complete follower. When you look good and feel confident in how you look, other people will want to know what you're doing to look so great.. but that's just my opinion.

No comments: