November 19, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Spice - Recipe

Tis the season for Pumpkin Pie Spice everything! You can use this for all your holiday desserts, drinks, or if you're like me you're adding it into your pancake mix as well. So here's my simple recipe on how you can make your own pumpkin pie spice. I used spices by McCormick (I recommend their organic line if it's available in the spice you want), and where it reads "part/s" you can use whatever measuring size you want (I went with tablespoons for mine). I also found that some other pumpkin pie spices may have additional things added to their spice such as ground clove, mace, sweet orange peel, brown sugar, or even cardamom.

Ingredients

2 Parts - Cinnamon, ground (I love ground Saigon Cinnamon for this)
1 Part - Ginger, ground (I used ground Chinese Ginger)
1 Part - Nutmeg, ground
1 Part - Allspice, ground

Combine ingredients into a spice jar (or similar). Close jar with a lid and shake vigorously until well combined.

 Now you're ready to sprinkle your Pumpkin Pie Spice on whatever food your heart desires!

No comments: