December 26, 2016

Cheddar Mashed Potato Latkes - Recipe

This was my first time making latke's and it wasn't half bad, but I definitely had to wing it with this recipe as I used the ingredients I already had on hand. If I made any changes to this in the future I'd add in some pre-cooked hashbrowns so that they aren't too mash potato-like in the inside.
2 Cups - Mashed Potatoes
2 Large - Eggs 
1/2 Cup - Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp - Bisquick
1/2 Tbsp - Vegetable Oil
1/2 Tsp - Chives, diced (dried or fresh)
2 - 3 Pinches - Garlic Powder
1- 2 Pinches - Salt
Sour Cream *Optional*

Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the Bisquick until blended. Combine all ingredients except for the vegetable oil and sour cream into the bowl and stir until evenly mixed. Heat skillet on medium heat using some of the oil with each new latke made. Add about 1/2 cup of latke mixture to the heated pan and spread it out to be about 1/2 inch thick. Cook latke 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and be sure to flatten out the latke a bit with a spatula after the first flip. Plate the latke's and serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Makes around 6 latke's.

No comments: