May 21, 2014

NYX Haul

I went to Ulta a few weeks ago and stocked up on a few NYX matte finish type lip products that I thought would be a good fit for my fair-skinned self so, here's a quick review of the items.
NYX lip pencil in Flower- This is a pale pastel blue-toned pink lip pencil that would be a good match-up with Maybelline's ColorSensational lipstick in Porcelain Pink 850 (I think this may have been a limited edition color) or Barry M's lipstick in 147 as these shades look pretty similar.

NYX lip pencil in Dolly Pink- This is a vibrant pink lip pencil and would be a good match-up with Revlon's matte lipstick in Stormy Pink as the two are similar in color.

NYX lip pencil in Pale Pink- This is not really a "pale" shade as the color states, to me it's more of a medium nude shade. I don't really have a lipstick that matches this but I'm thinking it may look nice with the NYX lip cream in Cairo that I also bought in this haul.

NYX lip cream in Cairo - This is a light colored matte nude shade and honestly if it were a shade lighter you wouldn't see my lips at all, so for me this still feels like a fairly wearable nude as I don't want my lips looking as though I completely covered them in foundation.

NYX lip cream in Tokyo - This is probably my fave shade lip cream of the ones I bought in this haul. It's a natural pastel peach shade but I don't find it to be an unwearable shade on myself like a lot of pastels can be as it still looks a little toned down.

NYX lip cream in Sydney - This is a shade that can still give fair-skinned individuals a tiny pop of color without looking too Nicki Minaj (love her though!). It's pretty similar to the other lip cream I got in Tokyo but it's more of a pastel blue-toned pink rather than a peach like Tokyo.

NYX in Couture Mode - Once I brought this pretty colored natural-esq lipstick home I really thought I would have a dupe for it but the closest lipstick I could find from my existing lipsticks was Revlon's lipstick in Smoked Peach which is more on the orange side rather than pink so it's really not a perfect dupe. One gripe I have about this is that the tube does not stay in place during application so I feel it may only be a matter of time before this lipstick gets damaged.

No comments: