May 31, 2012

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask - Review

Awhile back I had came across a YT Vid by JLovesMac1 on this product and I FINALLY happened to come across on it an a trip over to Rite Aid so, I snatched it up without a second thought!
This product states it is a "revitalizing hair reconstruction for dry, damaged hair" as well as "produces miracle-like hair rejuvenation" and it's an "intense treatment". So, I am not too sure as to what those claims will do specifically given only those explanations on the container but it should hopefully benefit dry damaged hair and some how rejuvenate it (in other words make it better/healthier, heh).

To use the product you basically use it after shampooing, comb it through wet hair, leave on 7 minutes, and rinse... it also says "don't use more than twice a week". If you're like me than you may be wondering..."will I have to follow it up with my conditioner after rinsing it out?" (I can almost live without shampoo but when it comes to conditioner I'm pretty picky!). For me I definitely did not feel the need to use my conditioner after using this product, it's actually a bit hard to really feel like you've rinsed it all out because it is very hydrating with all those oils in it but it didn't leave my hair oily because it is sooo softening. I do feel that this product would be more beneficial for my hair during dry winter months rather than hot humid summer days because when my hair is too soft it's more sensitive to humidity.

A few of the ingredients in this product are... glycerin, castor seed oil, algae extract, tea tree leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, and argania spinosa kernel oil. So, I found most of those ingredients to be really appealing to me. It is also a No Animal Testing/Cruelty Free product. The fragrance in this product just smells like a generic clean shampoo/condish type of smell... nothing offensive or unique in my opinion (some say it smells like Herbal Essences but I think it smells more like Neutrogena's conditioner). A cheap and similar product to this would probably be Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner although I don't find Aussie to smell as pleasant after washing, nor as hydrating. I did like the fact that I could heat style my hair and have my hair still smell like the product where as majority of hair products I've used don't seem to do that and I'm left with my hair smelling like it has just been flat ironed, etc.

Overall, I didn't find that this made my hair any shinier after the first use of this although if your hair isn't over processed with heat and hair dye than you may find it appears shinier. My hair did seem like it was fuller looking after using this but by the next day my hair just seemed to be back to how it'd usually look after a day without washing it. I did find it to be a good and softening deep conditioner as I feel like the ends of my hair feel softer and smooth as well although it may be a little too conditioning for hair sensitive to humid weather (like my naturally curly haired self). After the first day of using this product I could smell the product in my hair which did smell nice although it didn't seem to last into the next day. The fact my hair smells nice throughout the first day of using this I'm feeling a little bummed out that it doesn't smell that way the next day so... I just might have to buy some other products by them which I could use daily although this product alone cost me around $32 (also, Organix sells a possible dupe of this called "Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask" for only $8).

No comments: