October 30, 2011

MAC Dupes

This weekend I decided to try and find a few MAC dupes using eyeshadows I currently own, enjoy ;)

MAC Next to Nothing - Maybelline Quad in Designer Chocolates (Lid shade)
The Maybelline one is slightly more tan/gold while Next to Nothing is a bit more white. I think I actually prefer Maybelline's color although these two shades are very similar and I have "hit pan" on both eyeshadows.
Click to Enlarge
MAC Dark Edge - Revlon Rich Sable
These two shades are very similar although Rich Sable may have slightly more red to it, I do feel this is a nice dupe regardless. Over the two colors... I actually prefer the MAC because I think it applies soft/smooth during application and the Revlon feels a bit dry/chalky in texture and applies a bit more unevenly.
Click to Enlarge
MAC Tempting - Maybelline Urban Brown
Urban brown applies a bit more dark than Tempting, the shade may look drastically more dark in one of the photo's but in person if you applied this on your lids, I really don't think you'd notice much difference between the two. Tempting does appear to have more shimmer to it than Urban Brown but once swatched I couldn't really notice a difference in shimmer. I think Urban Brown applies slightly better than Tempting as it's more pigmented, and I had to build up Tempting's color a bit to look as intense as Urban Brown. I do feel this is a good dupe if you're wanting to darken Tempting as much as the Urban Brown, but if you want a shade that starts off lighter but can go darker than choose Tempting, although you could probably blend out (or apply less) Urban Brown to appear lighter.
Click to Enlarge

No comments: