July 19, 2011

My Go-To Products for 2011

There have been a few products which I find myself loving and using quite often this year, so here's a quick list I put together...

CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara: An oldie by now but still my go-to mascara, I really don't think I'll ever change mascara's as long as this is available as I've tried practically every drugstore mascara on the market. My mom prefers the waterproof formula in this and myself the non-waterproof (in "very black" color). I apply 3-4 coats (one after another) onto my top lashes. I don't use an eyelash curler normally and voila, still lovin' it this year.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss Peach Petal 150: I have become a bit fond of this nice pale nude gloss which has found its home in my purse this year as it gets used very frequently (almost done with my first tube of this) out of all the lipsticks and glosses I own currently. I even bought this in 2 other shades this year which were nice, but this shade is still my fave and has yet to make its way out of my handbag.

Colgate Total Toothpaste Whitening: It's probably a first for me to talk about a toothpaste on here, but even my mom has taken notice that my teeth are looking whiter since I started using this. I discovered this when I stayed at a friends house in Orlando earlier this year and was surprised to feel like there had been an actual change in the color of my teeth (by the next day!). I have used other whitening toothpastes in the past which claimed to whiten but never seemed to do anything for me before, so this product will definitely be hanging around my sink more often.
Emporio Armani - White for Her, Perfume: I read another blog (can't remember who it was though) where the blogger loved this perfume soooo much but it was discontinued, luckily I had found a ton of samples online for a good price this year so I opted to try it out. I really do like this perfume, although I kinda wish it was a little stronger because the scent is kinda addicting to me, haha. It's one of those perfumes where really only the wearer can smell it because even my mom who was sitting next to me in the car didn't notice the scent (as she's usually the first to complain about overwhelming perfumes). It's definitely not like the sickly sweet perfumes I generally go for but it's soft, lovely and I wish I had a huge bottle of it.
CVS Cold Cream: I recently replaced my Pond's Cold Cream, cool classic with this CVS dupe because this has the exact same ingredients in it, it's cheaper and it works just as well. I only use the cool classic type because I noticed the others contain paraffin's and such. To use I wet my face, rub this product all over, rinse, and wipe off with a warm washcloth (if you don't use a washcloth your face will feel super oily so it's a must!). It works great for removing my makeup and it doesn't dry out my face (no need for moisturizer after really!). I love this stuff and wish I had discovered it sooner.

Boots Hawaiian Islands Jasmine and Cocoa Butter Body Scrub: I found this at Target earlier this year not expecting a miracle of course, but something in this seems to work great for me. When used as regularly as possible during my shower/bath it helped to clear the bumps on the back of my arms which I've had since I was a kid. No other scrub has done that for me, yet alone any product except for one lactic type ointment which had been prescribed to me a few years back. I'm not sure if any of the other scented scrubs in this brand do this but this one worked for me!

No comments: