September 08, 2010

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara - Review

I've practically finished a tube of the non-waterproof Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara, so I decided to post a review on it.

1. Tube Design:
-Cute, sexy design in a mettalic purple color.
-Rimmel crown emblem engraved in the top of cap is a nice touch.
-Round tube can roll away when laid down but will stand up-right.
-Retail Cost: $7.19

2. Brush Design:
-Allows you to get close to the lash base but doesn't seem to improve the fullness of the lashes.
-Didn't notive any clumping on the brush really, unless you just take big globs at a times from over pumping it into the tube.
-Decent length of brush and I do seem to prefer the rubber bristles.

3. Marscara Product Quality:
-Removes easily
-Flakey
-Normal color

4. Label Expectations:
-"70% Fuller Lashes", this didn't make my lashes look any fuller then usual.
-"Curls Lashes", this didn't make them stick straight but it didn't curl them either so I can't say that it had "16hr Curl Hold" as stated.
-"Triple Plump Brush" ("curves in for volume and curves out for maximum curl"), this doesn't seem to do any of that to the lashes.
-"Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers", this formula flakes a bit and actually bothers my eyes when it gets into them.

5. My Review:
What I liked most about this product was its brush design because it allowed you to get close to the base of your lashes. All the label expectations seemed totally false from my experience with this product. This does contain parabens (Methylparaben and Propylparaben). You really can't do more then two coats without the mascara starting to flake all over your face. I wouldn't purchase this again, nor would I recommend this to others.

No comments: