January 21, 2010

My Relationship Advice

I get asked a lot of things about dating relationships and such, so I'm going to give you my advice and its advice that you can apply to almost any situation your basically having. I keep it real and I'm going to give it to you straight and this is what I feel is the best advice I can give and honestly its never really steered me wrong.

Always trust your instincts!
If you find yourself thinking...

"Is he/she cheating on me?"
"will he/she ever love/like me?"
"does he/she really care about me?"
"could things be better?"
... and the list goes on.

First off all ask yourself why you're having to ask these questions...the answer is because you aren't sure but your instincts are obviously telling you that something feels off, to the point you're questioning your relationship. You could just ask the person but the answer is clear if you just trust instincts and heed your own advice.

If you have to ask if someone likes/loves you, then they probably don't and if they do they might not be expressing things the way you would interpret like/love emotions and having mixed signals is a sign of bad communication which is a pretty big factor for any healthy relationship, especially when just starting out.

If your the type that thinks every person is going to cheat on me, then perhaps your just dating the wrong people. Although their is nothing wrong with being single, sometimes we feel programmed to get married, have kids, live in a mansion and all by age 30, but reality is it doesn't always happen that way. What works for one person may not work for you, never compare yourself to others and remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

No comments: