December 04, 2009

Dot or Not

I've seen this necklace at Forever21 but I noticed a lot of people actually have this one and I managed to save a $1.77 by finding a slightly different one on EBay. WOOT for being different for less, ahah...cheap is the new chic ya know XD
*~*~*~Nail Time~*~*~*
I recently saw Juns mani/pedi (above) and tried my "hand" in replicating it (below) using polish I already owned ^.^ (with dots)
(without dots)

The pink color is Sally Hansen in "Pardon My French", the gold glitter is CoverGirl in "Gold Rush" and I used a base color before adding the CG color which was Milani in "Good Morning Sunshine" which was also used to create the dot work which I did using a toothpick. I ended up happy with my final results except I should've just bought the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Gold cuz my dots look bleh to me.

I'm not sure if its noticeable to most but the pink on the toes appears slightly darker to me then her mani (maybe its the flash, IDK). To me it makes sense to use a darker shade on the toes because the color looks less fleshy from afar since you don't have the dots on 'em. So for the pink on her pedi I opted for my Essie in "Guchi Muchi Puchi" (I totally love saying that name, ahaha).

Mani How-To
Step1: Apply your Clear BaseCoat and let dry.
Step2: You'll need to apply a total of 3 coats of "Pardon My French" (the pink on the 2 fingers) and 2 coats of "Good Morning Sunshine" (the gold on the 3 fingers) and let dry between coats.
Step 3: Apply 5 coats of "Gold Rush" on top of your "Good Morning Sunshine" (let dry between coats) and apply your dots of "Good Morning Sunshine" on top of your "Pardon My French" using a toothpick and let dry.
Step 4: Apply a Clear TopCoat and let dry completely.

Pedi How-To
Step1: Apply your Clear BaseCoat and let dry.
Step2: You'll need to apply a total of 3 coats of "Guchi Muchi Puchi" (the pink on the 2 toes) and 2 coats of "Good Morning Sunshine" (the gold on the 3 toes) and let dry between coats.
Step 3: Apply 5 coats of "Gold Rush" on top of your "Good Morning Sunshine" (let dry between coats) and let dry.
Step 4: Apply a Clear TopCoat and let dry completely.

Well my B-Day is coming up before ya know it, hollaaa...ok please don't. My B-Day always tends to be the worst day of the year for me...I have no clue why its just generally a total cr*p day aside from getting older, I have no expectations at all but I may be celebrating during the weekend...maybe a double B-Day with Mr. Sweety?? IDK.

On a final note I'm leaving ya with this tune, chao fa nao soul sista's and mista's!

No comments: