January 14, 2009

2009 Spring Eyes

I got commented on my eyeshadow today, woot! By Mr. Sweety no less ;p I was looking on MSN the other day at the 2009 Spring Makeup looks. I really wanted to get the Gilded duo by Loreal, but CVS was all sold out of course, grrr. So I stuck with the same brand and instead bought a loose powder gold eyeshadow, it's very glitzy-glam on the eyes ^.^ the Gilded colors look like a combination of gold and dark brown but with my black hair I decided the black was more fitting than dark brown. Also peach blush is suppose to be in style which makes since because I've recently seen people using bronzer and blush on their cheeks and peach (the one I bought) is really a combination of both.
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to get this exact look...Step 1: Apply L'Oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow Base in De-Crease 910 to your entire eye area, blend with you finger tip until absorbed.

Step 2: Using L'Oreal HIP Shocking Shadow Pigments in Visionary 924 I used the brush it came with to cover the entire eye lid area.

Step 3: Using Maybelline Expertwear Single Eyeshadow in Night Sky Shimmer Finish 240 I took the Maybelline Expert Tools Angled Definer Brush and did a cat eyed effect only using the black on the outer corner of the eye and the bottom lid.

Step 4: Curl lashes using the Maybelline Expert Tools Eyelash Curler and do two coats of mascara on top and one coat on the bottom using CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara in Very Black 800 (FYI: this is not the waterproof mascara they have).
--------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. Mr. Sweety put me to a cologne smell test last night to see which of his colognes I preferred and ya'll know I know my stuff when it comes to scent. I ended up picking the Versace one...he then said I had classy taste, haha. Classy Lady ;) Some of the other ones he had consisted of Lacoste, Polo and Cool Water but meh...not so great. I'm still waiting to find the guy that wears my fav mens cologne Tommy...where are you?!! haha. My mom says I like that scent because it smells like some of my hair products, go fig, haha. Speaking of hair prod, I bought the Biolage shampoo and conditioner and lately everyone has been sniffin my hair! Smells nice and clean, haha.

2 comments:

Thrila said...

i'm not too sure if this works, I read it in a magazine once. but supposedly if right after you get a hickey, if you take a fine tooth comb to it and drag it over the hickey, it's supposed to move the blood and make the bruise less sightly. I'm not sure if it's true. maybe just tell him to steer clear of your neck? ;D

and i like the eyeshadow!

Hex said...

Hmm, that's interesting, I'll have to try that next time. I know I've seen other hicky remedies like using a D-Cell battery and rubbing it over the hicky or rubbing the hicky with the back of a spoon...none of these really work all too well. Turtle-Neck shirts are really about the only cure for cover up I think, haha.