October 23, 2008

Eyeshadow Combinations

I've recently decided to post my eyeshadow color combinations on here and give them local names from the VA/DC/WV/MD area in which I currently thrive. I feel that I'm capable to create a number of eyeshadow styles/combinations using the makeup that's in local drugstores or even the neighborhood Wal-Mart.

I don't believe that you need high priced eyeshadows to give you a great look or a similar look to that of another. It just takes a little know-how, time, patience, practice and the desire to create. If you want a certain look, I feel you just need to use similar colors. You don't need the same exact brands to achieve this although I will share with you where I got these shadows from in my color combinations.

Feel free to share photo's of these combinations, comments, ask for additional help and so forth. I hope to post more combinations in the near future. Below are my first two combinations, the colors are inspired from this area as mentioned above.

--------------------------------------------------
Sterling Nightlife
(consists of white, silver and dark blue)

Brand: Maybelline

Type: Expert Wear Eye Shadow 8 Pan

Shade Name: Twilight Rays
--------------------------------------------------
Blue Ridge Sunset
(consists of yellow, lavender and dark blue) Brand: Maybelline
Type: Expert Wear Eye Shadow 8 Pan
Set Name: Twilight Rays
Colors used: Lavender & Dark Blue
Brand: CoverGirl
Type: Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Shadows
Set Name: Golden Sunset
Colors used: First Light (Yellow)
--------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've tried those eyeshadows by mabelline, but they don't last thorughout the day! do you know of a good primer? i think that's what they're called.... :)

Anonymous said...

I've found with using an eyeshadow base too really helps pump up the non-$$$ brands! I'm lovin' the Blue Ridge Sunset combo.

Hex said...

I've been using the Loreal Paris "De-crease" item and this works okay although I'm new to the world of primers so you can probably find a better one. I also apply my eyeshadows on as deeply as they can go using the rinky-dink applicator brush it comes with and an eyeshadow brush for blending...aside from the days I'm keeping it casual.