November 09, 2021

Tired of Censoring Myself

First off, long time no see... I'm sure I've started writing a million posts on here only to opt out of actually posting anything and before you know it 4 years have passed. I'm honestly tired of being afraid to be my true self on social media when for me, this has always been a type of outlet. So, I'm just going to catch everyone up to speed on what's been going on in my life. 

In 2016 I was working for an airline company for nearly 10 years to leave and get my degree in Communication and New Media (because my job wouldn't let me work part-time), to which, I graduated with honors and a double minor. About a year later I had started a career utilizing everything I learned while at University. I honestly hated my job in the visual communications field and felt like I was being treated like an intern for a year when I wasn't one. A month into the job and we were forced to work from home due to the pandemic and a year later my racist jerk of a manager setup a "2021 Plan" meeting on Teams to which I was rudely told how I wasn't part of their plan and therefore I got terminated and replaced by someone more focused on Video Production. So, I collected 6 months of unemployment which I should've kept getting but for whatever reason I stopped receiving my checks and 3 months later I received a call from an old co-worker who recently brought me back into working for the same airline company I was with previously, but I'm making more money now and I'm making more than these entry-level graphic design jobs are offering me as well. I'm honestly much happier working for the airlines and it really has been like a second family here.

In the fall of 2017, my mom and I started an Etsy business selling vintage home decor and we're making over $1,500 a year doing that. It's not much but it's money we didn't have before and in these times, every little bit makes a difference. I recently started a second Etsy shop this year where I started selling things that I make and that's allowing me to still have a creative side, but when I choose to be creative and not forced into making things I don't feel like making (as graphic designing for a company was a bit soul-sucking and that's coming from a lifelong artist). 

As for my love life, that has been an utter shit show, nothing new but I recently got out of a 3-month relationship where the guy didn't want to talk about his past, but unfortunately when your past can be found out through a simple Google search... it comes back to bite you in the ass. Turned out the guy was a pedophile as he was 30 at the time and the girl was only 17 so, he spent 5 years in jail, and 5 years after that was when he came into my life through a streaming app. If he had been upfront with me or more open about his past, maybe things would be different, MAYBE. Not to worry though, ya gurl is a hot commodity all around the DMV these days and has her fair share of losers to choose from as VA is most definitely NOT for lovers.

No comments: