August 09, 2016

Hand Salve for Psoriasis - DIY

My mom has suffered from psoriasis on her hands for a long time now so, I decided to do a bit of research on some of the best ingredients to treat it with, and I created this tea tree smelling hand salve. As it turns out my mom use to do the same thing for her mom and herself a long time ago. While it did work my grandma she was not a fan of the tea tree smell, but my mom loves it stating "it smells like gasoline"! So I hope any psoriasis sufferers out there give this recipe of mine a try and let me know how it works out for you in the comment box below.
Hand Salve
1/3 Cup - Coconut Oil (solid variety)
1 Spoonful - Aloe Vera Gel (100%)
1 Spoonful - Lavender Massage Oil (or lavender oil)
1 Spoonful - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Spoonful - Sweet Almond Oil
1 Spoonful - Tea Tree Oil

Place coconut oil into a glass jar (or similar). Melt the coconut oil 15-20 seconds in a microwave, or until it liquefies. Add in the other ingredients. Close the jar tightly with a lid and shake vigorously until ingredients are well combined. Loosen lid slightly and place in the fridge. Allow to cool in fridge until product solidifies. Your salve is now ready to use!

No comments: