March 28, 2014

Glowing Complexion

Glowing Complexion
I had changed my previous foundation routine a bit this past week and honestly a few people have remarked how "glowing" or "fresh" my face now looks (excuse the bad hair day and rubbed off lip color). So if you'd like to know how to get my glowing complexion then here's how I do it!

The first makeup item I switched out was my concealer and how I was applying it. I'm now using Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Erase Dark Spot Corrector + Treatment in Fair over top my all over liquid foundation, and I use this on the areas of my face I wish to highlight (bridge of nose up to the forehead, cupids bow, chin, and under-eye area). This product alone is the main one that has changed and is probably the most responsible for my glowing complexion now. I use the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge to blot-blend this in.

I also use Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips, Warm Nude Eyes as before (the top two shades only in white and champagne). I use this to add a subtle shimmery highlight after I use my pressed powder (apply shimmer down the bridge of the nose, along check bones, and a little excess on the forehead).

As for eye-shadow you can actually use the same Physicians Formula palette as mentioned previously, otherwise I have been using the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette shades in BootyCall (under-brow highlight) and Half Baked (over eyelids and blended up toward the brow).

For an all-over dewy complexion, spritz on a bit of facial mist like Innis Free Green Tea Mineral Mist on top of the finished makeup look.

A few other items I used (outside of the link to my previous makeup routine)...
Almay Color + Liquid Lip Balm, Rosy Lipped
Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Self Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark
Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation, Buff Beige
NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner, Soft Black

No comments: