March 12, 2013

LL Hawaiian Mac Recipe

I recently made a Hawaiian Mac Salad recipe that I posted on here and I happened to discover that L&L actually has a cookbook out (so I bought it off Amazon.com for about $10) and... it has a recipe for it! I'm actually surprised as to what's in it and how they make it, but I think I gave it a fair shot so here's the actual recipe for it per the cookbook, enjoy.
-------------------------------
1/2 gallon of water
1 pound of macaroni
1/2 cup of onion (diced)
1/2 cup of carrot (shredded)
3 cups of mayonnaise*
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
2 teaspoons of salt
1 small can of oil based tuna (drained)

1. Put water into a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Put macaroni into the pot and boil for 12 minutes or until cooked.
3. Drain water and cool macaroni thoroughly.
4. Combine all remaining ingredients and chill for at least 1 hour.

Serves 5 to 6 people

*For best-tasting macaroni salad, use Best Foods or Hellman's mayonnaise.
-------------------------------

I've yet to try out this cookbook recipe myself and honestly I'm not sure I'm totally convinced this is even the one used for there plated lunches (as I don't notice or detect tuna and onion in the stuff), but I'll give it a go and update this post once I try it for myself ;)

No comments: