February 14, 2012

Simply Basic Ikat Nail Tutorial

Among being sick this week I was a bit lazy on doing my nails as I decided to reach into my purse and pull out the same red polish which I had used on my nails previously. So, without removing my polish I began to paint over my nails (hence the subtle two toned red appearance below) and create this adorable and pretty basic looking ikat nail design. I actually really love this look and I hope you enjoy it too :)
Click to Enlarge Image
Step 1: Base Coat: Nailtiques Formula 2 (1 coat).

Step 2: Second Coat: 10 Professional Nail Lacquer, in And The Winner Is... /427 (2 coats).

Step 3: Striped Ikat Design: It's So Easy Stripe Rite, in White (you're going to make a rough diamond shape on the nail by keeping the line strokes going vertically, ultimately the lines should touch together as you continue making the uneven lengthened lines, see my guidelines below for additional help).
Click to Enlarge
Step 4: Top Coat: OutTheDoor in Clear (1-2 coats).

No comments: