October 03, 2011

2012 Spring Makeup Looks

Here are a few spring makeup looks for 2012!

My favorite of this lot of photos is the retro blue cat eye (top and middle far left images), the top image there is done by Monique Lhullier for MAC. I'm not sure the champagne gold type of color she used on the lids but the black eyeliner is MAC PRO Chromaline Creme Liner in Black and the blue used is MAC ChromaCake in Marine Ultra.

I think my go-to type of look for next year would be more like the bottom middle image but minus the heavy black eyeshadow on the bottom lid and perhaps opt to line the lower waterline instead (Also, on myself personally...I dislike looking too raccoon-ish like the bottom right image). Also... decent black eyeshadow with no fallout is hard to come-by so I'd probably opt to use a black shade stick over some primer on the lid.

I also really like the top right image which is probably done by using those stick-on eyeshadows although, I'd be afraid to mess it up during the application process and end up with a smudged mess...unless this is more like a stick-on eye tattoo type of product which honestly would be a bit genius especially since stick-on tats could last for a few days.

As for the bold lip color trend done by MAC in the center right image, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable being that bold with lip color so I think I'd opt for a nice pale matte barbie pink lipstick like Wet N Wild in Think Pink (901B) instead which, I think would look cute with a clean lined light gray dramatic cat-eye (think Amy Winehouse).

No comments: