August 18, 2011

Fly Electric Nail Tutorial

This week I got around to trying out the Sally Hansen Polish Strips (in Fly With Me) they were pretty simple to do. A lot of people complain there are only 16 nail decals but...I found that if your nails are short enough (like mine) that you can cut the decal in half and create 2 (nice right?!).
Revlon Top Speed in Electric and Sally Hansen Polish Strips in Fly With Me
Instead of using the nail file that comes with the decals I used my cuticle cuter to trim off any excess around the nail after application first, then used my nail file to gently file downward to fix any pointy edges. I did a clear base coat on my nails prior to application (used Nailtiques Nail Protein Formula 2). The polish I used here is Revlon Top Speed in Electric which is a banana yellow color with some very fine (I think its kinda silver) shimmer in it, took me 3 coats. Topcoat used over Electric was Out The Door.

BTW the decals claim to last up to 10 days but I'm a bit skeptical since they already have a bit of damage after a day now. Also, I'm not sure how well a clear top coat would work over these either.

No comments: