July 05, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat- Review

This past week I finally found Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat (bought in 01 Snow Blast) at CVS, and of course Sally's recently decided to carry the crackle overcoat for China Glaze (which I couldn't find before when it first released).
Milani in Bolting Blue with Sally Hansen in Snow Blast
When I first looked at the polish formula it looks a bit dry and liquidy, sometimes the crackle comes out more transparent (I guess depending on how much you have on the brush) and the cracks sometimes are big and other times fine. You can really only apply this topcoat once very quickly, it does dry matte and the crackles start immediately over the base color. Since it dries to a matte finish I like to put a shiny topcoat over it (as per the directions anyway). I think it does require a certain strategy to perhaps get more consistent sized cracks on each nail, the less I have on my brush the finer the cracks come out (I prefer this method) but the quicker it dries during application (a little tricky to get right). I like that this product gives a different and fairly easy way to make a simple solid color unique. I have a tendency to be a perfectionist and I have to break that mold with this product or it'll turn out the way I don't want it to. So thin, quick and sloppy is the best way I found to apply this :P

No comments: