July 17, 2010

"On the Scene" Eye Makeup Tutorial

This eye makeup look is by MAC "In the Groove" series and this one is called "On the Scene". Since I really don't like their makeup tuts on how to acheive these looks I've created a similar how-to tutorial on how I think this exact look can be more easily acheived and without using MAC products, enjoy ;)
Step 1: Prime entire eye area using Loreal De-Crease.

Step 2: Line entire upper lashline using Styli-Style Waterproof Liquid Liner pen in Blackest Black.

Step 3: Apply an under brow highlight color in cream (or similar skin tone) colored eyeshadow, I used Maybelline eyeshadow single in Linen.

Step 4: Using Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Pallete I applied a Medium/Light shade of blue (5 across and 1 down). Apply this to inner top half and blending up past crease of lid and entire lower lash line.

Step 5: Using the Maybelline quad in Hushed Tints I applied the orange shade to the outer top lid insuring to blend the color up toward the brows and also applying it to the middle of the lower lash line.

Step 6: Using the same Maybelline quad in Hushed Tints I applied the dark brown shade to the lower outer top lid lightly just to add some subtle dimension to the eye and also applied it over the middle of the lower lash line of the orange I just applied. I also used this color to fill in my brows.

Step 7: Apply several quick coats of Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara in Extreme Black to entire top lashes and middle of bottom lashes.

No comments: