January 28, 2013

Simple Ratatouille - Recipe

I just made this easy riff on ratatouille recipe that I found online the other day and I totally have to do a re-post of it on here (I did change a few things on my recipe here) because it's sooo vegan-rific (although I'm not vegan and most vegans would probably pass on the parmesan) and seriously smells like heaven in the making, haha. I'm definitely growing some fresh thyme this year!
Ingredients 
2 tbsp - Extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 - White onion, thinly sliced
1 - Yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 medium - White potato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
2 medium - Tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 tbsp - Fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp - Grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Sea salt
Freshly ground pepper

Directions
1. Pre-Heat oven to 375°F. Heat oil over medium and cook onion in a pan until tender and lightly golden, 6 to 8 minutes.

2. Arrange the onion on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Overlap tomato, squash, and potato on top of the onion. Drizzle with more olive oil, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with thyme and parmesan.

3. Once oven is at 375°F bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with a bit more parmesan and serve.

My Side Notes: I'd recommend when picking your sliced vegetables for this dish (not counting the onion) that you try to buy them all the same width around so that it fits better when you layer them inside the dish to bake.

No comments: