August 24, 2012

Lady Gaga Fame Perfume - Review

From the HAUS LABORATORIES in Paris. The first ever black Eau de Parfum compounded by Lady Gaga. "It's black like the soul of fame, but invisible once airborne". The bottle design itself is nice in appearance but it's a bit hard to remove the gold claw-like cap from the clear glass bottle as it clicks down into place. It's unique to see a black colored perfume which does spray on nicely as well as clear. The perfume once sprayed onto the skin feels a bit damp and mildy sticky on the skin which doesn't disapate so, I wasn't a fan of that part of this perfume.
I honestly didn't find the scent incredibly unique as Gaga's style usually portrays, definitely not "sweat, blood, etc" as she claimed to have been making in the beginning. The Fragrance notes: Incense, Belladonna, Apricot, Honey, Jasmine Samac, Tiger Orchidea. The scent that first catches my attention is a grape smell which may be the 'blackberry' listed in the ingredients on the packaging although the grape smell disapates quickly and partially morphs into a sterile metallic smell. So it does have a fruity aspect to it as it also contains apricot but that scent isn't visible to myself. There is also some exotic floral notes to this which is possibly the jasmine and orchid listed. It's not an overly sweet scent but it does smell a bit familiar to me and it actually dies down pretty quick (isn't that how fame goes?).

Overall, It's not an overpowering scent, nor is it repulsive, I'd probably wear this everyday, especially during evenings. I wish the scent stood out a bit more and was a bit stronger and better lasting. Also the very light stickiness this leaves on the skin I don't like, but sprayed onto clothing shouldn't be a problem I suppose. The scent seems to stay around you rather than travel to every nose in reach, and this does seem to die down close to the skin. It mostly smells of grape and an exotic floral to me, nothing too complicated in my opinion. For some odd reason I find the scent more appealing when I'm working up a sweat at the gym, perhaps it just works better with my body chemistry?? Well, I hope this quick review gave you a bit of incite on Gaga's Fame and also... there's no blood, etc in this... I blacklight tested it, haha.

No comments: