October 06, 2010

A Personal Ad Annoyance

I recently joined an online personals ad yet again and I already noticed something that people do which annoys me.

When you send your messenger screen name in an e-mail through a personals website in order to better communicate with an individual outside the personals only to have someone respond with "I don't have that messenger service, but I do have...".

Why does it annoy me you ask? Because first of all I have several messenger accounts which are all connected to a bigger messenger service like Digsby, but that's not the point. My point is, they are more than capable to go out of their way to download these messengers just as much as I am (regardless if I already have them or not).

Therefore, if someone isn't willing enough to go out of their way to do so...chances are they aren't willing to go out of their way to do much else for me (not that I need anything, but if I ever did). So, I will not be wasting my time on trying to start anything further with this person.

Secondly, I don't like people asking to communicate via cell phone or Facebook because those things are a bit too personal and I don't just give them out to people I really don't know all that well (be smart here!).

No comments: