July 18, 2012

July Beauty Buys - Dislikes

Last month I picked out several products that I was really liking and this month I found their were a few products that I just happened to dislike. I wouldn't say that I hated these products but I was a bit disappointed that they ultimately weren't better.
O.P.I Nail Lacquer in Pink Friday
I'm a big Minaj fan which is why I originally purchased this polish from her collection. Although I think the polish color and formula are nice I disliked the fact that their are a lot of other polishes that are cheaper dupes for this which really doesn't make this color all too unique for the $8.50 bottle. A few of the dupes I found on my own were... 10 Professional Nail Lacquer in Prima Ballerina for $4.99 at CVS (the closest dupe I've found for Pink Friday), and Wet N Wild polish in Twinkled Pink for $0.99 at Rite Aid (a little lighter than Pink Friday).

Wet N Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer in Natural
Upon having high hopes for one of cheapest foundation-like products I could find, I didn't find this lived up to my higher expectations. Although this products states it's 'sheer' I found it to be a thicker formula than the Ultimate Match foundation they sell, so that was a bit off putting to me. Once applied it does have an SPF 15 in it and my skin not only had that sheen that SPF has a tendency to give people but it was a very uneven sheen which ultimately made me think this product could have been better. Top this product with a good loose powder however and the sheen doesn't appear to be a big issue, but worn alone than you may find it is after all a bit disappointing.

Wet N Wild MegaVolume Mascara in Very Black
I was looking for a cheap mascara and seeing as how I really do like a lot of Wet N Wilds products now-a-days I chose to give their mascara a try. I picked up what appeared to be their mascara which should have given me great bold lashes but this one definitely didn't live up to the expectations shown on the packaging. If you're looking for a mascara that is more subtle/natural in appearance and mostly just adds some feathery color to your outer lashes then I would recommend giving this one a try. If you're a CoverGirl LashBlast lover like myself and want those thick bold lashes than you'll want to pass on purchasing this product.

Olay Professional Pro-X Restorative Cream Cleanser
I opted to buy this product because it was on clearance and I do like their touch of foundation moisturizer. I found that this gives me pimples in places I normally don't get them on my face... so, I passed this along to my mom who mentioned after her first use of this how she got a pimple right after using it (I didn't even tell her that was my problem with it! heh). The product really didn't seem to cleanse all that well and anything that breaks me out is a definite no-go in my book thus, I did actually hate this product.

Prestige Liquid Eyeliner in Pop Star
First of all it's really hard to find white liquid eyeliner in drugstores and this was pretty much the only one I have been able to find which is the only reason why I like this product. However, I am disappointed in this product because for one thing it does not apply evenly, it takes several coats for it to look wearable, and it doesn't stay on well as it's really easy to wipe off. So, I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this product.

Sebastian Shaper Hairspray
I have been on the hunt for my perfect hairspray and although this one claims "America's #1 HairSpray" this one was not it for me. On super hot humid days my naturally curly hair still frizzes up with this, and it really just had no hold. I like the fact that it is brush-able but I don't need anything THAT brush friendly to where it really just disappears all together. If you're looking for something that is really more like a very light finishing spray and maybe gives your everyday style a small boost then this may be for you (it may control some winter static though but I'm not 100% on that)... otherwise, don't waste your money because it really doesn't do much of anything.

No comments: